Forms & Policies
Emergency Response Plan
Sandbridge Community Chapel UMC’s Emergency Response Plan is designed to address the unforeseen combination of circumstances, resulting in a situation that calls for immediate action or an urgent need for assistance or relief. These emergencies can be a temporary disruption of services due to a short power outage, a longer-term situation causing an organization to relocate due to substantial building damage or even a larger scale, city wide or regional emergency. Depending on the magnitude of the event, services may be provided as usual, services may need to be altered temporarily, or in extreme situations, services many be re-located or even discontinued. Please click here to be taken to our current Emergency Response Plan:  
Wedding Policy

We are delighted that you have chosen, or are considering, Sandbridge Community Chapel United Methodist Church for your wedding. Christian marriage is a sacred covenant (agreement) between persons who are intending to live in covenant with God. Only those who are intending to live in such a covenant shall be married at SCCUMC.

Any couple considering a wedding at SCCUMC shall first schedule an appointment with the Pastor at which the meaning of marriage and the wedding policies of the church will be discussed. Following this initial conference with the Pastor, dates on the church calendar shall be set aside for the rehearsal and wedding, provided that all parties are in agreement regarding the policies of the church and the requirements of the Pastor.

The decision to perform or not to perform the ceremony is the right and responsibility of the Pastor, in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and The United Methodist Church. All wedding plans shall be approved by the Pastor.

All wedding plans are to be centered in Christ. The wedding policy is provided by SCCUMC within our Facility Use Policy and it is meant to help you plan your wedding and to help bring meaning to your marriage covenant.


                           Building Use Forms

Groups or persons outside of the congregation wishing to meet at the church or Community Center should fill out the “Application for Use of Church Facilities Form” and any pertinent riders.

If any children are involved in the group or will be attending while your group meets, read the “Child Protection Policy” and submit the Child Protection Rider with your form.

If you are requesting the use of the kitchen or sound system, fill out the necessary forms for those as well. The application will be reviewed by the Trustees at their monthly meeting which occurs on the second Thursday of most months.
NOTE: Church members should also fill out these forms and have it approved by the Trustees for any activity that requires reserving the use of the building or the church van. It should also be filled out to inform the office and Pastor of events that should be added to the church calendar which occur outside the church building.